Youth grants for invasive species – closing 30 September 2019
Posted on 12 September, 2019 by Ivan
Connecting Country are keen to engage and involve youth in natural resource management activities across our region. This grant program supports youth-friendly initiatives with a focus on invasive pest and weed issues in Victoria. The program aims to increase young people’s participation in community environmental projects and encourage new ideas and innovations in the invasive species challenge. Funding can be used to support the engagement of young people in existing groups and initiatives, or to develop new youth-focused initiatives.
Applications close: 5.00 pm on 30 September 2019
Grants between $5,000 and $15,000 (excluding GST) are available.
Who can apply: Open to community groups, education providers and local councils, with a focus on projects that connect with young people and develop their skills, and deliver broader benefits for local communities.
How to apply:
- Read the program guidelines – click here.
- Contact the Grants Program Coordinator if you have questions about your application. Lauren Hull can be contacted on 0472 876 695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the application form and complete all sections – click here.
- Successful grants announced – November 2019.
- Projects undertaken – November 2019 to June 2020.
Inspiration and ideas: There’s lots of projects underway that are boosting youth participation in environmental initiatives. If you’re looking for a starting point for your invasive species work, click here to see just a few projects that have been proposed.
More information: Contact Lauren Hull 0472 876 695 or email@example.com