Jobs and Tenders
DIRECTOR of Connecting Country
- Great leadership role in an established community driven landscape restoration organisation based in Castlemaine, Central Victoria
- Join a thriving community organisation of paid staff and volunteers supporting habitat restoration and on ground works, running community education and engagement programs, undertaking long term monitoring, and supporting a very active network of landholders and Landcare groups
- Flexible four days per week fixed term position for 12 months, continuation subject to funding
- Salary: $30.90 to $41.80 per hour, plus leave loading and compulsory superannuation, for a 30.4 hour (4 day – 0.8FTE) week.
About us: Connecting Country (Mount Alexander Region) Inc is a community-based not-for-profit organisation that aims to increase, enhance and restore biodiversity across the Mount Alexander Shire and surrounds in central Victoria. Established ten years ago, the organisation is run by a voluntary Committee of Management with a staff team of six (3.5 FTE) leading the delivery of habitat restoration and other on ground works, monitoring activities, and an education and engagement program. We also support a network of over 30 local Landcare groups.
The Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity for a person with experience in Natural Resource Management to work in an established and successful community run organisation. The successful applicant can expect to be challenged by a role that will require a good practical understanding of on ground conservation activities from planning and development through to implementation, monitoring and evaluation together with the ability to manage a small, dedicated staff team, and to work well with volunteers and landholders and others in our community.
This Director role is a leadership and management role responsible for all aspects of the organisation’s day to day operations. The position reports to the Committee of Management.
Knowledge and Experience (see Position description for full details)
- A strong commitment to community driven landscape restoration and a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges involved in making this sustainable in an uncertain funding environment.
- Substantial experience in delivering Natural Resource Management or environmental projects in either government or non-government roles.
- The capacity to develop and cultivate good relationships with funders, government agencies, volunteers, our Committee of Management, landholders and others in our community.
- Experience in managing staff, budgets, projects and programs.
How to apply: CLICK HERE for a Position Description outlining the responsibilities and key selection criteria
Applications addressing the key selection criteria of the position description and including a résumé with the contact details of two referees should be received by COB on Monday 7 August 2017. (Either email to email@example.com or posted to ‘Connecting Country, PO Box 437, Castlemaine, VIC 3450’.)
For further information contact Chris Timewell during business hours on 03 5472 1594 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are currently no tenders being sought by Connecting Country.