Rabbit Buster Workshop – 16 February 2020
Posted on 4 February, 2020 by Asha
Are you a property owner or Landcare member wanting to manage rabbits? Wondering what to do next?
Barkers Creek Landcare & Wildlife Group are hosting a workshop and demonstration day as part of the annual Rabbit Buster Month campaign, with support from Connecting Country, Agriculture Victoria, and North Central Catchment Management Authority (NCCMA).
The session will cover:
- Best practice rabbit management- presented by Agriculture Victoria’s Leading Biosecurity Officer, Jessica Seidel.
- Integrated rabbit management.
- Case studies from local Landcare groups and land managers.
- Rabbit management demonstration by Jarrod Coote (field site visit).
Click here to download the flyer with more information about the workshop and how to register.
Why manage rabbits?
Rabbits have been significant pests in Australia since they were released near Geelong, Victoria in 1860. Rabbits are one of Australia’s most serious pest animals and typically:
- Destroy pasture, crops and plant communities, impacting on agriculture and the environment;
- Cause soil erosion and associated sedimentation of waterways;
- Compete with native fauna for food and habitat.
For more information and resources about rabbit management, click here.