Community Volunteer Action Grants 2021
Posted on 24 March, 2021 by Jacqui
Just a reminder that the 2021 Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) ‘Community Volunteer Action Grants’ are closing soon on 1 April 2021. The grants aim to boost environmental volunteer participation, particularly in engaging new and diverse audiences, on private and public land.
Stream 1 is focused on strengthening environmental volunteering: 2021 Community Volunteer Action Grants. Grants of up to $30,000 are available under Stream 1 – Strengthening Environmental Volunteering.
Groups and organisations with a focus on biodiversity conservation and working with community groups and organisations are eligible. This includes:
- Not-for-profit conservation organisations
- Environmental, naturalist groups or volunteer associations
- Friends of, Conservation management, Landcare and Coastcare groups and networks
- Public land committees of management
- Traditional Owner groups and Aboriginal Victorian associations, trusts, co-operatives
- Educational and research organisations such as schools and universities
- Community Service Organisations
- Local government
The focus of the Community Volunteer Action Grants is to protect and enhance the natural environment, boost volunteer participation and address threats to biodiversity on public and private land.
The grants will be spread across a range of geographic locations to align with the priorities identified in the Victorian Government’s blueprint for conservation planning, Protecting Victoria’s Environment – Biodiversity 2037, and Victorians Volunteering for Nature – Environmental Volunteering Plan.
For more information and to apply, visit environment.vic.gov.au/grants.