Landcare video updates – Muckleford Catchment Landcare
Posted on 11 February, 2021 by Asha
To complement the February 2021 Landcare Link-up, each Landcare/Friends group in the Mount Alexander region was invited to film a short video update to share some of their achievements with the community. As usual, Landcarers rose to the occasion! We will be sharing these videos through a series of blog posts, as well as screening them at the Landcare Link-up and uploading them to our Landcare page.
The first of our Landcare video updates comes from Muckleford Catchment Landcare. Click here or scroll down to view their video, which shows some of the group’s past and current revegetation works, takes us through their nest box monitoring project, and gives insight into how the group has been navigating through the pandemic. We really enjoyed the video and thought it was an inspiration to see the growth of the revegetation in such a short time.
The aims of the Muckleford Catchment Landcare group are to:
- improve water quality in the Muckleford Creek and its tributaries
- conserve soil in the Muckleford Creek catchment
- create a healthy and viable balance between farming and biodiversity
- encourage discussion, debate, participation and co-operation between landholders within the catchment
- harness local knowledge and expertise to improve the environment and productivity
- assist landholders to access funding for land improvement projects