Landcare Victoria Inc: 2021 nominations open
Posted on 31 March, 2021 by Asha
Landcare Victoria Inc (LVI) advises that nominations for the LVI Committee of Management and LVI Members Council are now officially open and will close at 5 pm on Friday 23 April 2021.
Landcare Victoria Inc is seeking nominations for the LVI Committee of Management from the following voting regions (one position in each region):
- Port Phillip & Westernport
- North Central
- Glenelg Hopkins
and one Professional Landcarer position, elected by Professional Landcarers on a statewide basis.
The LVI Committee of Management is responsible for the control and management of the business and affairs of Landcare Victoria Inc, including setting the strategic direction, management of staff and the establishment of subcommittees.
Landcare Victoria Inc is also seeking nominations for the LVI Members Council, with vacancies in all regions. The Members Council is designed to bring together a diverse group of Landcarers to be a part of LVI’s policy response and policy development work, and to be a conduit for ideas and issues that directly relate to the effectiveness of Landcare in Victoria.
LVI Member Groups are urged to give careful consideration to nominating suitable candidates for Committee of Management and Members Council vacancies. The strength of LVI depends on members stepping forward to take leadership roles.
Please visit the Landcare Gateway for more information about who is eligible to nominate for each role, nomination forms, and a current list of Voting Delegates.
- Friday 26 March 2021: Nominations officially open for LVI Committee of Management and Members Council.
- Friday 23 April 2021: Nominations close.
- Friday 21 May 2021: LVI AGM to be held, LVI Committee of Management positions declared.
- One month post-AGM: LVI Committee of Management to appoint Members Council members.
- Please check the list of Voting Delegates on the Landcare Gateway. If your group’s Voting Delegate is to be someone other than the listed individual, please advise LVI as soon as possible.
- Please ensure your group’s Voting Delegate and any registered Professional Landcarers are aware that nominations are now open and where to locate the nomination forms.
- Please ensure all listed members of your group are aware that they are eligible to nominate for vacant positions on the Members Council and assist them to access the nomination form and seek endorsement.
- Ensure all nomination forms are completed in full and received by email (to email@example.com) or post (to LVI, PO Box 509, FLINDERS LANE VIC 8009) no later than 5 pm on Friday 23 April 2021.
Further information about the Landcare Victoria Inc AGM will be sent to financial LVI Member Group contacts in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with LVI by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 03 9207 5527. Please note that all incoming calls will divert to voicemail as they are currently working remotely, but will return your call as soon as possible.