Landcare Facilitator role with Connecting Country
Posted on 24 August, 2021 by Frances
We are incredibly sad to be saying farewell to our much-loved Landcare Facilitator, Asha Bannon, in a few weeks. At the same time, we’re excited that Asha is taking on a brand new role with North Central Catchment Management Authority, and will stay part of the Connecting Country family as a valued member, volunteer and supporter.
This means we’re now recruiting for a new Landcare Facilitator to join the Connecting Country staff team.
Landcare Facilitator – Mount Alexander region
We have an exciting opportunity for a hardworking person with experience in natural resource management and community groups to join our established community-run organisation. Connecting Country works with landholders and community groups to restore landscapes across the Mount Alexander Region of central Victoria, on both public and private land. Further information about our work is available on our website (connectingcountry.org.au).
The Landcare Facilitator is responsible for supporting around 30 active Landcare and environmental volunteer groups within the Mount Alexander region to build their capacity and resilience. We are looking for someone who is approachable, organised, and passionate about helping Landcare groups and other volunteers to achieve their goals to protect, enhance and restore the land and natural environment.
This is a part-time role (three days per week) based in Castlemaine, Victoria. It is a 12-month contract position, with contract extension subject to performance and funding availability.
We seek someone who can:
- Share a passion for supporting Landcare and community groups in the Mount Alexander region.
- Engage and communicate effectively with people from a range of backgrounds in an open and friendly way.
- Write clearly and concisely, and communicate complex concepts in simple language.
- Work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Plan and manage project activities, budgets and schedules.
- Manage time and workload, coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Be responsible, self-motivated, reliable, adaptable and solution-focussed.
- Exercise good judgment, make ethical decisions and set priorities.
- Contribute as part of the Connecting Country team.
- Use Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Drive a manual four-wheel drive vehicle (with training if required).
- Be flexible as the situation demands, including working outside normal work hours on occasion.
How to apply
For further details about the role including full position description and preferred skills – click here
If you have any questions, please email Frances at firstname.lastname@example.org (available Monday to Thursday).
Please provide your written application by email to email@example.com, including a brief application letter summarising your suitability for the role and curricula vitae demonstrating your relevant skills and experience.
To learn more about Landcare in the Mount Alexander region, watch our new Landcare celebration video! – click here