ARI subscriptions for environmental research updates
Posted on 12 December, 2019 by Ivan
We received an interesting update from Landcare Victoria and the Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research (ARI) this week, regarding a new subscription service to stay in touch with ARI’s key biodiversity and ecological projects on land. Connecting Country has partnered with research organisations in the past and used some of the research that ARI has funded over the years. The following update describes ARI ‘s project update opportunities and how to subscribe.
Arthur Rylah Institute
The Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research (ARI) in Heidelberg VIC is the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning’s leading centre for applied ecological research. ARI has some exciting updates to science subscriptions, and they’re completely free! As a government research institute, ARI prides itself in making its science accessible and highlighting how its latest research is informing both policy and management to better support Victoria’s biodiversity.
ARI’s team of 90+ researchers work all across Victoria (and sometimes internationally) on science that matters, directly informing policy and environmental management. ARI staff work across a range of ecosystems (alpine, estuarine, grassland, forest and freshwater systems) and have expertise in fish ecology, threatened species, monitoring programs and geospatial modelling.
ARI recently launched a new subscription, the Terrestrial Quarterly Update (click here), and it’s now easier for you to subscribe and manage your subscription preferences from a single place (click here)
The latest achievements from their terrestrial ecology team includes research on:
- Threatened flora and fauna.
- Fire ecology.
- Spatial modelling (including machine learning).
- Environmental watering.
- Vegetation ecology.
- Ecological risk assessment.
- Pest and wildlife management (including translocations).
The Terrestrial quarterly update joins ARI’s other long running services. Click on the following links for more information:
- ARI seminar series: ARI’s regular one hour seminars on Mondays features researchers from ARI and scientists from around the world (also available via a free webinar stream).
- ARI eNews: ARI’s flagship newsletter highlighting new projects, latest scientific publications, new fact sheets and videos, and other notable events.
- Aquatic Quarterly update: two updates; one providing detail on current projects, events and publications from ARI’s aquatic ecology researchers, the other offering an insight into how research is influencing management.
- YouTube: ARI’s video playlist on DELWP’s channel shares some of the stories from their research.
- ARI website: regularly updated repository of ARI’s project summaries, publications, fact sheets, guides and videos.