Thank you for donating to Tiny houses for Tuans!
Posted on 31 March, 2022 by Jess
We are so grateful to everyone who has donated to our recent campaign to raise funds for nest boxes. Thanks to you, we have just placed an order for 60 tuan nest boxes with our friends at Wildlife Nestboxes.
A huge thank you to our Tiny Houses for Tuans donors: Adam Purcell, Bergen O’Brien, Brendan Sydes, Bridget Farmer, Bronwen Algate, Carolyn White, Chris Lawrence, Elle Fox, Geoffrey Sutter, Jane Rusden, Jennifer Rolland, Jessica Seidel, John Carruthers, Lesley Carlin, Lisa Rowe, Maree Cheesman, Michelle Hanslow, Patricia Robins, Petra Fischer, Philip Hopley, Smiley Williams, Stuart Brown, and 12 other anonymous donors who generously contributed to the project.
Receiving donations like this means a lot to us here at Connecting Country. It helps us practically – we would not have been able to replace these nest boxes without your support – but it also warms our hearts and lightens our outlook for the future. On behalf of our staff, nest box volunteers, and of course, the Tuans – thank you!
Don’t forget, here are some other ways you can help threatened Tuans:
- Keep pets, especially cats (known predators of phascogales), indoors at night when Tuans are active.
- Retain leaf litter, logs, and trees (especially mature trees) on your property, as these provide foraging and den resources for tuans.
- Provide your own ‘Tiny Houses’ by installing nest boxes on your property. To contact a local provider, Wildlife Nestboxes – click here
- Contribute to restoring healthy forests by joining your local Landcare or Friends group. To find a group – click here
- Consider volunteering to monitor nest boxes with Connecting Country (next surveys in autumn 2022). To register your interest – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share our campaign with your friends and networks.