Seeking landscape restoration contractor for 2023
Posted on 22 December, 2022 by Ivan
Connecting Country is seeking expressions of interest for contractors to collaborate with us to deliver on-ground actions for our 2023 projects on private land across the Mount Alexander region and surrounds.
We are looking for someone with skills to:
- Plant tubestock and install coreflute guards and stakes.
- Conduct plant maintenance watering.
- Control weeds, with a focus on woody weeds such as gorse and blackberry.
- Control rabbits.
- Install fencing and exclusion fencing.
We currently have funding for around 50 days of contract work for planting, weed and rabbit control, plus 2 km of fencing, during 2023. There is also scope for more work subject to contract arrangements.
Our ideal contractor(s) will have:
- An Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Demonstrated interest in landscape restoration in central Victoria.
- Clear communication skills and ability to cultivate positive working relationships with staff and landholders.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Good time management skills and understanding of project schedules.
- Experience in revegetation planting with tubestock and guards.
- Basic weed and plant identification skills.
- Experience in weed control methods, including herbicide use, with appropriate training.
- Experience in rabbit control methods such as baiting and warren fumigation.
- Experience in farm fencing.
- Solid understanding of health and safety systems and requirements.
- Access to a suitable reliable vehicle and equipment.
- Good availability throughout the 2023 planting season (April to July).
Plants and guards will be provided by Connecting Country. The contractor will be responsible for sourcing other materials such as herbicides and fencing materials.
We are keen to hear from both established businesses and keen individuals with relevant interest and skills. We may be able to provide some training and equipment to the right candidate.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 29 January 2023.
Please provide us with the following information in your email:
- Your interest in working with Connecting Country.
- A brief outline of your relevant experience and qualifications.
- Your schedule of rates (cost per day) for planting, weed control, rabbit control and/or fencing. A quote for specific tasks will be agreed before starting work.
- Your availability during 2023.
- Your contact details.
We look forward to hearing from you!