Useful Weed Resources
Local contractors for weed control:
- Mount Alexander Environmental Contractors List – This list of contractors has been compiled by Connecting Country for convenience of landholders and Landcare groups. It contains local contractors and suppliers that are known to provide services related to landscape restoration, including weed control. This list does not constitute endorsement of these contractors and suppliers. There may be other local contractors and suppliers that could also be considered, but we are unaware of them. We have not excluded anyone from this list deliberately. It is recommended that the standard checks are made by landholders and Landcare groups before purchasing goods and services from these contractors and suppliers (e.g. insurance, certification and training, ABN, referees, etc.).
Weed Websites and Contacts:
- Mount Alexander Shire – Guide to the Weeds of Central Victoria Guide and link to downloadable Guide to “Ten Top Bushland Bullies”
- North Central Catchment Management Authority – Weeds of Central Victoria Identification Guide.
- Victorian Government Weeds site – has an A to Z of weeds, information on management and Information on the volunteer network of Weed Spotters assisting in protecting Victoria from the threat of weeds. They also provide a useful list of State Prohibited Weeds and List of Noxious Weeds by Common Name.
- The Weed Society of Victoria – a good source of information and resources.
- Invasive Species Council – community based group campaigning for better laws and policies to protect the Australian environment from weeds, feral animals and exotic pathogens.
- The Weeds Network – designed to help stakeholders in natural resource management learn more about invasive plants and weed control systems.
- Weeds of National Significance – an excellent website with downloads on management of a range of species.
- Federal Government – Weeds in Australia – Useful Australia-wide website with tips on identification and management.
- Noxious and Environmental Weed Control Handbook – a guide to weed control in non-crop, aquatic and bushland situations (2MB)
- Environmental Weeds – a Field Guide for South East Australia (Kate Blood, 2001/2009)
- Bush Invaders of South East Australia (Adam Muyt, 2001)
- Weeds of the South East (Richardson, Richardson and Shepherd, 2011)
- Noxious Weeds of Australia (Parsons and Cuthbertson, 2001)
- Environmental Weed Invasion in Victoria: conservation and management implications (G.W Carr, J.V. Yugovic and K.E. Robinson, 1992)