Nest box resources
Nest boxes are an important aspect to wildlife conservation in any areas where natural nesting hollows are not available.
Connecting Country has installed 400 nest boxes across the Mount Alexander landscape systematically so that we can examine some of the factors that might influence whether they are being used by Tuans or other animals. To find out more about nest box monitoring, click here.
Links to ideas, plans and tips on wildlife nest boxes
- Connecting Country’s Nest Box Monitoring Field Guide
- Connecting Country’s ‘Hollows, habitat and nest boxes: design and installation tips from Miles Geldard’ information sheet
- Bird in Backyards: nest box plans.
- Birdlife Australia nest boxes for native birds information sheet.
- Birdlife Australia nest box technical information sheet.
For information on local nest box suppliers, please see our list of contractors here.