Below are some useful websites for Landcare members. For more local resources on a wide range of land management topics, have a look at the Education & Resources pages of the Connecting Country website.
- Victorian Landcare Gateway – The Victorian government’s Landcare website, administered by the state Landcare team. Lots of useful resources on all aspects of Landcare.
- Victorian Landcare Council – The Victorian Landcare Council (VLC) was established in 2008 to present the interests of community Landcare to State and Federal governments, government agencies, local government and Catchment Management Authorities.
- Landcare Australia Limited – The Landcare Australia site includes information for groups on how to engage corporate sponsors.
VicVeg Online – Database containing virtually all plants found in the Mount Alexander Shire (and North Central Catchment).
Atlas of living Australia – Database of all living things in Australia with excellent photographs.
A number of local plant identification pamphlets have been produced by the Castlemaine Field Naturalists Club and are available at the Castlemaine Market Building (Information Centre) and the Castlemaine Library.
- The Weed Society of Victoria – a good source of information and resources.
- DEPI Weeds site – has an A to Z of weeds, information on management and Information on the volunteer network of Weed Spotters assisting in protecting Victoria from the threat of weeds.
- Invasive Species Council – community based group campaigning for better laws and policies to protect the Australian environment from weeds, feral animals and exotic pathogens.
- Weeds of National Significance – – an excellent website with downloads on management of a range of species.
- The Weeds Network – designed to help stakeholders in natural resource management learn more about invasive plants and weed control systems.
- Mount Alexander Shire – link to downloadable “Weeds of Central Victoria” Guide and link to downloadable Guide to “Ten Top Bushland Bullies”
- Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
- National Landcare Programme
- Mount Alexander Shire Council