Below are some useful websites for Landcare members. For more local resources on a wide range of land management topics, have a look at the Education & Resources pages of the Connecting Country website.
- Victorian Landcare Gateway – The Victorian government’s Landcare website, administered by the state Landcare team at Department of Environment Land Water and Planning. Lots of useful resources on all aspects of Landcare, including the Landcare group finder.
- Landcare Victoria Incorporated – Landcare Victoria Inc. (LVI) established in April 2017 from a merger of the Victorian Landcare Council and the Farm Tree and Landcare Association. It is the State Peak Body for Landcare, incorporating the administration, systems and services of both organisations under one banner.
- Landcare Australia – The Landcare Australia site includes information for groups on how to engage corporate sponsors.
VicVeg Online – Database containing virtually all plants found in the Mount Alexander Shire (and North Central Catchment).
Atlas of living Australia – Database of all living things in Australia with excellent photographs.
Castlemaine Flora – Website is based on the plant identification and reference guide produced by the late Ern Perkins.
A number of local plant identification pamphlets have been produced by the Castlemaine Field Naturalists Club and are available at the Castlemaine Market Building (Information Centre) and the Castlemaine Library.
- Weed classifications in Victoria – Learn about types of weeds under the Victorian Catchment and Land Protection Act, and who is responsible for controlling them.
- The Weed Society of Victoria – a good source of information and resources on invasive plants (weeds).
- Agriculture Victoria – an A to Z of weeds, information on management and the volunteer network Weed Spotters, assisting to protect Victoria from the threat of weeds.
- Invasive Species Council – non-profit focusing on advocacy for stronger laws and policies to protect the Australian environment from threats of weeds, feral animals, exotic pathogens and climate change.
- Weeds of National Significance – – an excellent website with downloads on management of a range of species.
- The Weeds Network – designed to help stakeholders in natural resource management learn more about invasive plants and weed control systems.
- Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
- National Landcare Programme
- Mount Alexander Shire Council