Connecting Country is currently funding projects that protect and enhance Yellow Box Woodlands. Landholders and community groups in the Mount Alexander Region are encouraged to express interest with Connecting Country for projects in their area.
- fencing and buffering remnant woodland vegetation
- grazing management in remnant vegetation
- pest plant and animal (especially rabbits) control
- revegetation and enhancing understory
- fostering natural regeneration
Projects are funded in a 5 stage process;
- Landholders/groups express interest in a project.
- Connecting Country conducts desk top study to determine eligibility for current funding and produce appropriate maps of the site.
- Connecting Country visits the site and undertakes a site assessment and discusses management options with the landholder/group.
- Connecting Country writes a management plan (includes map, photo point, timeline of works, site assessment details, project costs) for the site and gains approval from the landholder/group.
- Projects are approved by Connecting Country management committee and Landholder/Group sign a management agreement for the project.
Expression of interest
Groups and individuals are invited to fill in the expression of interest form for projects that focus on protecting and enhancing significant remnant vegetation of Yellow-Box Woodlands and help increase populations of the Brush-Tailed Phascogale.
Post the form to PO Box 437, Castlemaine 3450 or email email@example.com
For more information, call Connecting Country on 5472 1594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org