Applications for the Strengthening Our Community Grants Scheme for 2012–2013 were opened by the Mount Alexander Shire on the 29 August 2012. Applications close 12 October 2012.
Application forms and Guidelines are available from:
- Mount Alexander Shire website
- 25 Lyttleton Street or 9 Halford St Castlemaine
- Community Development Administration Assistant on 5471 1744
Information Sessions will be held at the following locations and times:
- Maldon Neighbourhood Centre, at the corner Edward and Church Streets, 11 September 2012, 12noon – 1pm
- Ray Bradfield Room, Victory Park Castlemaine, 13 September 2012, 1pm – 2pm
- Ray Bradfield Room, Victory Park Castlemaine, 13 September 2012, 6.30pm – 7.30p
The following information relates to the Sustainability and Natural Environment Category of the Grants scheme.Aim
To support the implementation of Council’s Environment Strategy 2010-2014 thereby improving the sustainability and resilience of the natural and built environments of the Mount Alexander Shire.
Council’s Environment Strategy contains 44 objectives under the themes of:
- Climate change, greenhouse and energy
- Land and biodiversity
- Urban development, planning and sustainable transport
- Waste and resource efficiency
Proposals for funding under this category should identify which theme the project will address. Applications demonstrating relevance to a particular objective or particular objectives, particularly how the project will assist Council implement an objective or objectives, will be highly favoured. The Environment Strategy is available from www.mountalexander.vic.gov.au/environment.
Grant requests made under the Sustainability and Natural Environment category may range from $500 to $3000 (total amount $40,500). Only in exceptional circumstances will grant requests exceeding these amounts be approved.